Reflection-WebQuest Assignment
I feel that this WebQuest assignment was very beneficial in helping me to plan learning experiences that caters to children of diverse needs, ability levels, and interests. According to NJCIE (2009), WebQuests are the key to inclusion as they lend themselves to developing collaborative working skills among students with varied needs, including those with disabilities. By working in groups, students can contribute different degrees of prior knowledge, abilities, and aptitudes. They allow the development of individual knowledge and develop it more into a sophisticated knowledge, helped by the online delivery. Through this, I learned how as teachers, we can tier the activities to ensure each and every child in my class is able to accomplish tasks and experience success. In this current society of advanced technologies, a WebQuest serves as a useful tool to motivate children to construct their own learning and make their learning visible. However, I feel that designing a WebQuest requires careful planning with regard to the dynamics of individual class and children's readiness in order to effectively integrate IT into the curriculum.
No comments:
Post a Comment